Saturday, July 17, 2010

So as I sit here and look at this page where I type all the stuff out before it goes to be published, I have to laugh at myself. And give you a small warning or two.

First of all, if you think I am going to blog every single day, you are probably going to be sorely disappointed. I know I am posting a blog for the second whole day in a row, but that's because it's all shiny and new and lovely. Besides, I don't think I could come up with something to say every day. However, I reserve the right to change my mind on that. Just like I did with having children. Jamey and I told everyone from even before we were married that we weren't having children, but we reserved the right to change our minds. (I am so glad we did, by the way!) So I also reserve the right to write something on here every day if I feel like it.

Second, if you think I am going to post all kinds of philosophical, deep stuff (ok most of you who know me can stop laughing, this is for the one or two of you who think I actually could do that stuff), you are also probably going to be disappointed. I really just want to use this to exercise my brain and talk about junk I want to talk about. Most of it will probably be really silly stuff and maybe I'll get no followers at all, but that's not really why I am doing this anyway. It's really for me. (and Joshua if he ever wants to read the silly stuff his mom thinks about.)


And finally, if you are thinking that perfect spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc is going to happen here - well it's not. And if it is going to bug you, then you have two options. 1. You can become my personal editor, or 2. you can just find another blog to read. (the latter would probably be the better option. Just sayin')

I will say that I feel my brain kind of waking up as a result of doing this. Writing in here helps me to not be not all about mommy, wife stuff. I have all kinds of things I want to write on here, which is really surprising. I find myself trying to think of ways to organize it, or how to phrase something. Lots of times I find that I have an idea, but that's all it is. Just one or two sentences like, "my parents are the best" or, "I can't believe my dog likes sliding down the sliding board and boy is that going to be an expensive surgery when he hurts himself". Stuff like that. And then I'll think about how I would turn it into a whole post. It almost makes me feel like I could even write a book. Because it is so easy to sit down and just write. Except for the fact that I have no idea what I'd write about, and it probably wouldn't make sense because it would just be the kind of freeflow writing and so there'd be about a thousand plots, characters etc. But it's really fun to think about it.

So again, I like that it is waking up part of my brain - kind of the creative side - that I haven't used in so long. I get a little glimpse of me that has started waking up over the past year or so as my son has gotten older and less dependent on me. It's nice to see a little bit of me. Hello me.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I have a blog, but it's so family can see what the kiddos are up to- but IS a great way to use my grown-up brain! I love your "unique" sense of humor and can't wait to read more of what's rattling around in your head!!

    ReplyDelete

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.