Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm Not Sure Why I'm Doing This!

I have no idea what has really inspired me to start a blog. I guess maybe a little from my big sister (note I don't say "older" cos that's just not nice!), and maybe a bit because of that little movie "Julie and Julia". Or is it "Julia and Julie"? Well whatever. . . One other little thing that kind of kicked me into "blog mode" was something that was said on the ever-popular Facebook to another one of my friends about how he should start a blog. I had already been thinking about it, and when I saw that I thought, well, maybe now is the time.


I just have found it interesting to think about doing this for two reasons.
1. I think I will use a part of my brain that I don't really get to use when I am being a wife, mommy, maid, nurse, etc etc. and 2. I think if I keep at this semi-regularly and can remember to print out the blog from time to time (though right now I have no idea if it is even possible to do that) then my little boy will have something kind of cool that his mom wrote. Almost like a diary. But different.


And so now, I think I should tell you at least a little about myself. My name is Carolyn Davidson. I am (gulp!) 40 years old. I am married to an awesome guy named Jamey and we have been together for almost 14 years. We have a lovely little boy named Joshua who I swear is the result of a secret cloning experiment the Federal Government has done to our family. They just haven't told us yet. But I know it's true. You know it's true when the moment you have pushed him out of your body, your mom takes one look at him and says, "Oh my God, it's Jamey!!! (And just so you know my mom was a Labor and Delivery nurse, so it was a natural to have her in the delivery room - I mean DUH.)


My best friend is Yvette and she lives in Texas which really stinks for two reasons. 1. I hardly ever get to see her, and 2. I really hate flying. However, I was just there and that is where I watched the J&J movie. She might start a blog too. And of course, it will be my favorite other blog because she is my best buddy!



We live in Midlothian, Virginia, and we love our neighborhood. We are such a cookie cutter family, even down to the 4 month old yellow lab we have (his name is Quincy). I don't care that we are cookie cutter. I love our life!


So that's me in a nutshell. I hope to be back and write again soon. Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.