Friday, January 20, 2012

Quick Blog - Can You Say Yum???

So, I know everybody who blogs seems to have a blog about something specific. You know - cooking blogs.  Writing blogs. Crafting blogs. Home improvement blogs.  This list could go on and on.  And then there's - my blog.  The blog that's about. . .well. . . nothing really except for whatever weird crap falls out of my brain when I write a post.  But oh well.  Instead, I'll call it a well rounded blog.  It's got a little bit of everything.

Today my blog is a cooking blog.  Remember that last month, I had a "crafting blog".  I have to use that term loosely.  Because let's face it, it was a kind of sad craft attempt.  But still it's the effort and thought that counts, right?

So this cooking post is on about the same caliber as my craft post.  However, I still find it worth putting out there because it's so yummy.  Are you ready?

This is my new most favorite breakfast in the world.  Seriously.

MOUNDS OATMEAL

Uh-huh.  It's like a candy bar in my breakfast mug.

Here's the easy peasy ingredients and directions (because almost nothing I cook is difficult.  Just sayin'.)

Ingredients:



1/2 cup quick cook oats
1 cup water
Dash of salt
1 HEAPING teaspoon dark chocolate (sometimes called dutch processed) cocoa powder
1 rounded tablespoon of sweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons sugar

(And if you wanted to make an "Almond Joy Oatmeal", you could either add some almond extract (to keep calorie count the same) or you could add some sliced almonds.)

The directions couldn't be more simple. Take your first three ingredients and cook it in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.  Then add all other ingredients once it's cooked.  Like this:



Stir it all up.  It will look like this:


And then, of course, you eat!  And enjoy!  And lick the bowl as long as no one is looking!  Or, if you are like me, maybe give them the finger, and then lick the bowl.  :)

Happy Day, folks!

1 comment:

  1. You're so not alone in the well rounded blog area. I pretty much write about something different everytime I actually get around to blogging. I don't think I could be more random if I tried.

    ReplyDelete

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.