Friday, September 17, 2010

Holy Cow I Wrote a Book!

Did you wonder why I was gone for so long? Well now you know!!! I don't know what happened, or why it happened, but somehow this blog thing got me wondering if I could write something different. I realized I really like writing, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to write like - a whole book. So a couple of ideas started banging around in my cobwebbed brain. And then I realized I had kind of a synopsis of a book and I thought, "Well, I guess I could try it and just see how it goes". And some four-hundred and fifty some odd pages later, here I am!

Can't believe it! So now I have this book. What kind of book you ask, my two loyal followers? Well, it's your average girlie novel. Not smutty or anything. I don't think anyway. But a kind of a romance book. If you wonder about it, you can ask the three people who I let read it along the way. I just sent them the last bit of it today. My peeps were: My best buddy in the whole wide world (duh, like I wouldn't have her read it? Love ya big, girlie!) Yvette, my super cool, talented creative friend (I hope you will still read my blog, and thanks a million) Sabrina, and my mom (again, that's a no brainer cos it is my mom!)

I got good feedback from them. I'd love to try and get it published. I have no idea how I might go about doing this. But I'm looking into it, at least a little.

And do you wonder if this is a one-off type thing? Well me too. But honestly, I have about four more ideas on new books I could write. But since my house has absolutely become a war zone because all I do is write when I should be doing my housework, I think I'll take a little break. I will hopefully write on here once a day for a little while. And when and if I start on the next book, I'll at least give you all a forewarning. You know. To all two of my followers.

Now I'm off to tackle the massive mountain of laundry that needs folded. And I might actually go buy vacuum bags. Because we are starting to have to wade through the dog hair that Qball is shedding these days. Or maybe I'll go and try to read back through what i wrote and tweak it. . .

P.S. - By the way, in my mind, I've already sold the movie rights and Sandra Bullock will be the lead character. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok...I guess my first comment didn't "take".....so........ I can't wait to read the book. That's so cool that you came up with something and just dug in. I need motivation to dig in....I procrastinate too much.
    Anyways....can't wait to read it. AND will DEFINITELY watch the movie if Sandra Bullock is the lead. I love her to pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.