Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where Is The Time Going????

September is almost gone.  What happened to it?  I want my beach trip back, because I swear I wasn't there for a week!  In fact, how the heck am I not 24 anymore?  I was 24 when Jamey and I met.  Jamey says I still look exactly the same.  I beg to differ.  And not in an all that good way.  I'm glad he thinks so, though.

I do think it is true that having a child has made the time go so much faster.  But I have heard people say that the older you get the faster time goes anyway.  So for those of you who don't have kids, I'd love to have your feedback on that.  But I swear just yesterday, I was holding Joshua and rocking him in the rocking chair, and he was so small that he could fit between the arms of the chair with no problem.  Last night when I was rocking him, he was still in my arms, but he was also spilling over both sides of the rocking chair.  Way over.  When I think back to it, he really looked downright uncomfortable.  But he doesn't say anything, and so neither do I because it is one of my favorite parts of the day.  And no, it's not because I know after he goes to bed I am going to get ice cream.  OK, well that's part of it.  I digress. . .

Jamey and I were together for three years before we got married.  So in October, we will have been together for a total of 17 years.  That sounds so long.  So very. Very. Very. Long.  (Just kidding honey!)  But it has gone by in a flash.  A month ago, I feel like we were hanging out at VCU and making plans for the weekend.  And other than his curly mullet being gone, Jamey still looks the same as when I met him too.  So when I look at him and he still looks the same, then how can so much time have gone by?  It is perplexing.

I know I have said this before, but I finally can't think of my parents as perpetually 40 either.  It isn't working anymore.  This part I really don't like, but I have to mention it because the time is going by so fast.  Um.  I think that's all I will say on that part. 

Even Quincy.  He is sitting here, right now, being a real pain in the patootie.  He wants me to pat on him.  But he is tall enough now that he can just butt his head underneath my arm while he is sitting there looking at me.  And if he puts his paws up on me like he just did, (Dude.  This is my time.  Get off me or you are toast.  And the cow hoof you are chewing on reeks.) then his head is over mine!  Yesterday we just got him from the farm and he was little bitty and I could carry him around with one arm.

So now that I've maybe depressed you, what's the point to all this?  For all the struggles, hardships, good times, bad times and whatever other kind of times - it's all been worth it.  I am a lucky, lucky girl.  I hope you feel lucky too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.