Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Don't Judge This Post. I Am On Drugs Right Now.

There is one small disadvantage to being a stay-at-home mom.

More times than not, you have someone with you. 

What I mean is, for instance, I am sick.  Like pretty nasty sick.  I have a head and chest cold like you would not believe.  I don't feel like doing much of anything.  Except sleep.  Or stare at the computer screen in a decongestant induced haze. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .oops.  Yes.  Like that.  Decongestant induced hazes can be kind of fun.

Except for when you have a four and a half year old and it's only three days after Christmas, and there's slushy snow outside and cold as you know what.  So that means you have to stay inside, and then he wants you to play firestation/aircraft carrier for hours on end. 

And don't get me wrong.  I know I signed up for this.  And I do really, really love it.  But there are times when you just want to be left alone.  Are you picking up what I am putting down?

But seriously, can I ask my husband, who works on commission, to stay home and play with our son all day so that I can sleep? Or stare at the computer screen in a decongestant induced haze? Not really. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .oops, I did it again.  Hey wait, isn't that a song?  BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Oh me, I crack myself up when I am on decongestants.  The sad thing is, I am probably the only one who found that amusing.  But I promise you something.  If you all go and take a couple of them,  you'll find this post very amusing.  Either that or you'll get to take a nice nap.  I think both of those options are nice.

(Grinning stupidly at the computer screen)

So anyway, I still remember a time when it was just me and Jamey.  And it would be an evening, or a weekend, and Jamey would decide spur of the moment to go mountain biking with one of his buddies.  Or he'd need to help them with a house project, because they had been at our house the entire previous weekend helping with a project.  Stuff like that.  Or even better, they'd have to go to some motorcycle race or camping or something.  And I'd have the house all to myself.  For a day, or even a weekend.  And it was just me and Harley (our first furry baby).  That was blissful.

Decongestant induced haze. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Whoops.  And where was I?  Oh yes.  It was blissful.  The weekends especially, at least at first.  But I remember by the end of the first day, I'd start to get antsy.  I'd get lonely.  And by the end of the weekend, when Jamey would finally walk in the door, I'd practically pounce on him, because I was so happy he was back.  I feel that way too now when I go away for mommy weekends.  It's fun at first, but by the end of the weekend, I'm really ready to come back and be with my family.

Now I relish even an hour in the house by myself.  I don't wish my family to be gone forever, but I appreciate the alone times a lot more than I thought I would.  Is that awful?  I hope not.  I mean, doesn't everyone need a little time to themselves occasionally?  I hope you are all nodding yes at your computer screens.  Have I written about this before?  Well, too late now.  My brain is impaired and I can't think of anything else.

So what is the point of all this?  I'm not sure, because the decongestants are kind of getting in the way of clear thinking.  That and I keep having to interrupt my writing to go to the bathroom to blow my nose.  Or Joshua wants me to draw another picture.  Or play firestation.  Oh yes.  But the point is that now that I have a child of my own, the times that I am in my house alone are few and far between.  And most of the time I like it that way.  But not today.  However, I have come up with a solution.  And if any of you know me at all, you know exactly what it is. . .(Don't worry, this one is not a decongestant induced haze.)

It's a MiMi and PaPa day.  They are my own brand of Calgon.  (God bless you both.  We'll be there in just a little while.  I am going up to take a shower to rid myself of some of my decongestant induced haze right now.)

MiMi and PaPa, take me away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.