Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things I Am Thankful For

OK, so in light of the fact that it is the day before Thanksgiving, and because I know myself well enough to know that I will probably not be coming on here tomorrow to post because, let's face it, it is going to be very busy, I thought I would write a post today.  And also because it is Thanksgiving tomorrow, doesn't it just make sense to do a "Thankful for" list?  Of course it does.

And so I am going to write one right now.  Some of them may be a little silly.  And some are not.  I hope you enjoy my list.  I also hope you have one of your own.

I am thankful for. . .

1.  Evite.  It makes invitation giving so easy. 
2.  Books.  I love reading.
3.  Curious George Movies.  Well the one on PBS this morning.  Cos I got to snuggle with Joshua while we watched it.
4. The beach.
5. Secret hiding spots for my stamps.
6. Online Bill Pay.
7. Thanksgiving meals.  Specifically turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, stuffing and pumpkin pie.
8.  Coffee.
9.  Ranch Dressing.
10. Ice Cream.
11. Catalogs, newspapers, and real estate magazines and those who sneak them to me.
12. Bad Bean Taqueria.
13. Blogs.
14. Yummy smelling shampoos, conditioners and bath soaps.
15. Scrub free shower cleanser and toilet bowl cleanser.
16. Cameras and Video Recorders.  They capture so many good memories. 
17. My kitchen aid mixer.
18. Christmas decorations.
19. Christmas cookies.
20. Coloring books and crayons.
21. Facebook.
22. Lollipops and free cookies at the grocery store to keep a little boy entertained during big shopping days.
23. Target.
24. Goody bags at triathlons and races.
25. Ginger Peach tea.
26. Screened in Porches.
27. Really good coupons, or get something absolutely free/no purchase necessary offers.
28. Really great haircuts.
29. Landing safely after flying. (WHEW.)
30. Restaurant gift certificates.

And now that I've listed out some of my sillier things I'm thankful for, I'll tell you what I am really thankful for.  I am thankful that I have an absolutely fabulous set of parents.  They really are so fabulous that I could never express it well enough here, so you'll just have to take my word for it. 

I am thankful for my sister, even if we don't get to get together that frequently, and I hope that changes.

I am thankful that I have a great bunch of friends right here in my neighborhood.  Y'all rock!

I am thankful for my BFF, Yvette.  She is so awesome, and I pray every day that we won't always live so far away from each other.  Love you big, girlfriend!

I am thankful to infinity and beyond that Jamey convinced me to have a baby.  Because Joshua is such a joy to have in my life that I could cry with happiness every time I think of him.

I am thankful for Jamey.  We have made it through some pretty tough times over the past almost 14 years of marriage.  And I know we are in for more tough times.  But the good times overshadow the tough times so much that it absolutely makes it all worth it.  I am thankful that I choose to be married to a great man every day.

I am thankful that we have a warm house, food on the table every day and, although they might not be very stylish, clothes to put on our backs each day.

I am thankful that my little boy has a cozy bed with lots of babies in it to keep him company each night.

I am thankful that we were lucky enough to be born in a country that we don't have to be afraid to live in.  We might get irritated with our leaders, but I don't think many of us realize how truly lucky we are to live here.  I include myself in this.

I am thankful that we are healthy.  Both physically, and somewhat emotionally. 

I am thankful that I have found a love for writing this year.  And I am thankful that some of you enjoy reading what I write.

I am thankful that I have a church where I don't have to hide how I feel and pretend that things are "fine" when they might not be.  It is a community of real support.  And I am most thankful that I have learned and continue to see that God loves me.  Wherever I am in my journey.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.