Tuesday, November 2, 2010

UH-OH, I've Started My Second Book! And Obsessing!

OK, so I couldn't stand it anymore.  I started writing my second book in earnest yesterday.  The friend that I was hoping would help me edit my book said, in fact, that she would help me.  And so with that, I sort of felt a bit more free to start on the second book.


My friend gave me some really great constructive criticism too, in regards to my first book.  I appreciated her comments and I am thinking about making some changes.  I don't know if I can make them before the contest deadline, but I may try to incorporate some of her suggestions.


And so yes, I have started writing my second book.  I really like it - much better even than the first one.  If all goes well, it will be part of a series.  And I find myself becoming obsessed once again.  I am thinking about it all the time.  I am constantly turning to my blackberry to write some more.  That was how I wrote the first one.  I am not sure I ever told you that.  I would write and write and write on my Blackberry and then I would re-type it or email it to myself to get it on the computer.  Not very efficient, but it seems to be the only way I can find the time to do it.  You may wonder why I would retype it rather than email it most of the time, but honestly, it's because as I would retype it into the computer, I would change pieces.  It was almost like editing it as I typed it out.  Very helpful.

I also find that I want to drop everything again and just write.  I want to go to a hotel or a 24 hour coffee shop and just be left alone.  I think about it all the time.  I am not able to sleep for laying there and thinking about what to write next.  I need to try and find balance so that I don't let the house get totally out of hand this time.  But it's hard when you have a story rattling around in your brain that is trying to jump out onto a piece of paper.  Actually, it's trying to jump out onto my Blackberry or my computer, but you get what I mean.

I even find it hard to sit here and write this post.  But I will try not to drop the blog this time.  I hope to still come on here most days to write a post so that, hopefully, my readership will continue to increase.  Plus, I really do enjoy writing about a lot of different stuff.  But if you see a decrease in my posts, at least you'll know why and hopefully will forgive me.

I also hope you will forgive me if I write about my writing experience as I continue on the book journey.  I like to think you all want to hear about what is going on with all of this.  I hope anyway!

Joshua and I are at my parents today.  He is off school.  And since he and PaPa are thick as thieves, you know what I will be doing as soon as I finish this post.  I will be typing like crazy on my tiny Blackberry keys to try and write some more before we go home this afternoon.  Sigh.  Heaven. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.