Thursday, October 14, 2010

Take Care of Yourselves!

I thought today was going to be a crap day.  The rain I woke to did not help matters.  And it really didn't help when I let Quincy outside.  He went around the side of the house and he was around there for a long time.  I walked around to see what he was doing and sure enough, he had something.  I finally got him to drop it near our front steps.  It was a dead mouse or something.  Totally disgusting.  Sigh.  Then Joshua and I were getting ready for him to go to school.  He was being a bit of a challenge this morning.  I had to go to the grocery store, which is already not one of my favorite things, but I also had to do that in the rain, which makes it even worse.  Then I came home and had to deal with the dead thing in the yard so Quincy could go back outside.  FOUL.

But then I came back inside.  I brewed some coffee.  I put my ipod on and I started rocking out to Evanescense yet again.  And you know what?  It got much better.  I had anxiety all morning.  I don't know why.  Well maybe I do, but it's nothing I need to bore you all with. 

I sat down at the computer with the intention of writing here, but then I checked my Facebook first to see what happened while I was either sleeping or busy.  A friend had posted asking folks to give her 10 positive things in their lives.  Could be stuff, things you are thankful for, etc.  Here's my list:

‎1. God is with me.



2. My goofy little boy who is a joy to be around in the mornings.


3. But also, my now quiet house.


4. The coffee I am about to drink with peppermint mocha creamer.


5. My new book idea.


6. My wonderful husband who is a good man.


7. My ipod (I love music).


8. My friends (and that includes you).


9. The fact that it is only supposed to rain today (last I checked anyway).


10. The discovery over the past year that I am an OK person.

That's not a bad list, huh?  I think my friend was having a down day, and so I hope my list, along with the others that are starting to pop up are starting to cheer her up.  My own list cheered me up as well.  That's good.  This same friend really believes that you have to treat yourself well.  You need to get enough sleep, you need to move/get exercise.  You need to eat well.  You have to do things that are just for yourself.  You have to spend time with God.  I totally agree with her.  It seems so simple and at the same time kind of selfish.  But if you can't love yourself well, then how can you love others well? 

Things I like to do for myself are: writing, listening to music, drinking coffee, reading and chatting with my BFF, Yvette.  I didn't do a lot of this for a very long time.  It's nice to be doing this type of thing again.  I know that I should be at the gym this morning.  That is an important piece of loving yourself.  But I think I will do some yoga from my on demand channel.  That will have to suffice for today.  I also am going to edit more of my book. 

My anxiety is almost gone.  I took a few minutes to take care of myself. I hope you all find something to do today that is strictly for you, even if it is for just a few minutes. Take care of yourselves folks. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.