Thursday, October 7, 2010

Living My Blog

I am sitting in one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in.  I'm at the Boar's Head Inn in Charlottesville.  It's not that the room is particularly plush (OK, it is pretty plush), but it is just so quaint.  The bathroom is small, but the towels are thick and white and gorgeous.  The bath soaps all smell absolutely lovely.  The robes are also white and thick and just as gorgeous.  The bed is high and has a goose down comfortor on it with a very pretty creamy duvet on it.  I am sitting on the bed as I type this.  But one of my favorite parts about the room is it has a really nice balcony with a little table and two chairs that overlooks a very nice patio and a pond.  AND it has a screened door so if I want the inside door open I can still have the breeze blowing in from outside.  Of course right now it's like forty some degrees outside, but the possibility is still there. 

We are here because Jamey has a conference.  He went to a fancy dinner last night and wives were not included.  So I was left all by myself.  From 6pm to about 10pm.  And now today he is at the conference and it doesn't end till somewhere between 3pm and 4pm.  What am I going to do you may wonder?

Whatever.  I.  want.

This is going to be my day of living my blog.  I started writing this to get a little part of me back.  A part of me that wasn't attached to the name mommy or wife or daughter or friend etc etc.  It's all about me.  I get to write on my blog whatever I want.  If I want to write about my family I can.  If I want to write about my haircut I can.  If I want to write about food?  You guessed it.  I can.  So for today, I get to concentrate totally on me.  I am absolutely free to do what I want.  I found myself in the days leading up to today trying to cram in a lot of plans.  I was going to run.  I was going to read.  I was going to edit my book.  I was going to the apple orchard and pick more apples. I was going to watch TV and drink coffee and eat good dessert.

But then I realized,  I can't cram all that in.  There's no way.  So what am I going to do?  Whatever I feel like at the moment.  I don't want to cram it all in.  I want to pamper myself a little.  Writing my blog is a way of pampering myself.  Might sound weird but it's true.  Plus writing in my blog is free.  Pedicures are not.  (But I do love pedicures.  I've only ever had two in my whole life, but I practically dream about them they were so nice.  And my feet looked so pretty.)

So I'll let you guys know what I did on my next post.  It may be as simple as "So I sat in the hotel room and watched TV all day."  Or "I went and picked 20 pounds of apples and I have no where to put them all."  But the point will be that I am free to just be me today.  That's a lovely feeling.  Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.