Monday, October 11, 2010

Just a Few Bits and Pieces

One thing real quick.  If you are wondering how I am doing on my book, I wrote a post over the weekend about it, so go check it out.

OK.  So I hope everyone had good weekends.  Ours was busy.  I don't particularly like busy weekends.  Jamey's Dad and Stepmom were in town.  They always stay with Jamey's sister, Lisa, and her family.  And there's just a lot of cramming activities into a couple of days.  Don't get me wrong.  It's fun and we have a good time with them.  Joshua gets to play with his cousin Logan, and those two are as thick as theives whenever they are together.  But it's just so much activity that it can be a little overwhelming.  Joshua was exhausted by yesterday evening.  That was a plus though because he slept great last night.

I am starting a new job this week!  Well sort of.  I am going to substitute at Joshua's preschool.  I think it will be fun.  I never thought I would want to teach in a preschool, but once that mommy gene was born in me, I now find it fascinating to watch just about any little kid.  Particularly when they are learning something new.  Making discoveries and all.  I loved watching Joshua with all of those big learning moments.  So it will be a nice way to see some more of those moments, just with other kids and not my own.

I was always a worker bee when I was in the "real" workforce (you know the one that actually gets paid for their work.  Like, gets paid money instead of another load of laundry and a dishwasher to unload).  I never really liked to be in charge.  I think that was partially because I never really bonded with any of my jobs.  I never loved them.  I loved a lot of the people at work, but the actual job stuff?  Gross.  I sometimes wonder if a lot of people feel that way. . .Gosh, I hope it wasn't just me.

I wish I could get paid money to be a mom, because it's a lot more rewarding.  When Joshua goes to kindergarten, I'll need to find something to do with my time while he is in school.  So I hope whatever it is, it is something I love at least almost as much as raising my kid.  That's why it would be so nice to have this book thing work out.  I have so very much enjoyed writing, whether it's here on the blog, or my book or whatnot.  It's very rewarding to me as well.  That would be a super cool dream job, and I sometimes think about what it would be like to actually make money doing that stuff.  I could see Jman off on the school bus, then I could go workout.  Then I could come home and sit in front of the computer for hours writing and all, and it would be just lovely.  I'd eat and write some more.  And then rush around for the last hour before Joshua comes home to clean up a little.  Or maybe if I were super successful, we'd have a maid and then I could not worry about cleaning up.  Yeah, that's it.  Oopsie.  I seem to have gone off thinking about my fantasy job right here in my blog.  Sorry about that. . .

Oh and I got my Road ID bracelet.  I like it very much.  I feel much better having it on now.  I don't know why it took me so long to do this.  You know, it's only life threatening not to have one. 

I know I ask a lot of you all, but I do have another favor to ask.  If you all are enjoying my blog, could you tell some friends about it?  I figure if I get a bunch of people to start reading it, I can tell publishers that I have lots of hits on my blog and it might help my case in getting them to at least look at my book.  But don't tell them to look at today's post, because it's just to catch you all up on what went on this weekend and all.  It's not my best work.  Oh dear. But still.  Thanks. 

I am off now to go collect my little one.  I hope you all have a good day today.  I promise I will have a great shiny spangly new post for you all tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You are wonderful, Carolyn!! I love reading it- it's just like I'm having a conversation with you! And yes, I'm confident you will find a job you love- that's teaching for me- and it's the only thing I can do and not feel guilty that my 2 kids are in full-time school at 4 and 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I really appreciate your kind comments about the blog. The job too, but especially the blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.