Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Things My Kid Says

Before I get into my post for the day, I am excited to report that I wore my new running shoes outside to run six miles and my foot doesn't hurt.  Right now.  OK, I am only partially excited.  I'll let you know tomorrow how it did the rest of the day.

OK, so I have a fun, fun post to write today.  Sunday night as our little Jman was getting ready to go upstairs to bed, he said the funniest thing.  You'll find out what in a minute.  It was so cute that I went to write it down.  And then I ended up going back and looking at other things he's said.  Some of them I forgot about.  Some of them, I'll never forget!  But as I sat there chuckling, I thought some of you might like to hear some of these funny little conversations.  So here we go:

Halloween 2008 - I carved our pumpkin and had it ready for Joshua to see when he got home from preschool.  He put his hands on his hips and studied it for a minute.  Then he looked at me and said, matter of factly, "Mommy.  Needs more work."

3/5/09 - We were leaving MiMi & PaPa's house.  Joshua walked out of the family room into the foyer.  Then he came back into the room and said, "I forgot my mommy."

3/15/09 - Hunky Dunky = Humpty Dumpty  and PopTop = PopTart

4/27/09 - PBS Man = UPS Man

5/1/09 - We were visiting Jamey's grandmother in the hospital.  After we heard about 900 times from Joshua that he was ready to go home, he changed his tactic.  "They said we have to leave."  Jamey and I looked at Joshua and said, "Who said we have to leave?"  He got a sneaky smile on his face and said, "The doctors."

5/14/09 - There is a tree in our neighbor's yard across the street that has a small hole in it.  Joshua noticed it one morning after Jamey left for work and he commented on it.  I said, "Joshua, I bet some animals live in that hole."  He looked at it and then said, "Like cows?"

5/15/09 - I congratulated Joshua on staying dry all night.  "Way to go buddy, that's awesome!" I said.  Joshua then said, "Awesome mom, you stayed dry all night too!"

7/22/09 - Joshua asked Jamey if he could watch a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I asked him, "What's the magic word?"  Joshua said, "Meeksa, Mooska, Mickey Mouse!" which happen to be the exact words Mickey says to make the clubhouse appear at the beginning of each show.

And a few more recent ones that I don't have exact dates for:

innerpoob = innertube

kajamas = pajamas

mash matatoes = mashed potatoes

This summer he wanted to wear his goggles every time we were at the pool so the "muhkenicals" didn't get in his eyes.

And Sunday night Jamey told him he couldn't wait till Joshua was a little older so that they could go on camping adventures together.  Joshua said, "You can come too mommy."  Jamey said, "Mommy likes to camp in hotels, buddy."  Joshua said, "I know what we can do.  We can take a tent and set it up innnnnnnn the hotel." 

I love hearing all the wonderful, silly things my little boy comes up with.  It's probably one of the best things about being a parent.  A friend of mine encouraged me to write them down, and so I have been.  It is great fun to go back and read some of the things he has come up with.  I hope you enjoyed them too!  Have a great day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.