Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh What a Weekend it Was!

What a great weekend, all the way around!

Jamey and I had one of those rare date nights.  And guess what?  We actually went to the movies again!  This time at the Byrd Theatre.  Which is by far the best deal in the city of Richmond.  TWO DOLLARS to get in.  I think all in, with popcorn and everything, we could have watched a movie there for fourteen bucks.  Plus, it was an interactive movie.  Everyone was talking back to the movie screen and although you couldn't really hear sometimes, it made it all the more fun to watch.  We had a really great time.

Saturday was Daddy's birthday, so after Jamey ran (did I mention he's training for the marathon in November.  Go sweetie!), we went to my parents house and Joshua and I made cupcakes for PaPa.  That's thanks to our neighbors across the street, Jill and Elie, for giving us the delicious cupcake recipe.  They were awesome. 

And yesterday we went to Carter Mountain Apple Orchard to pick some apples and eat apple cider donuts.  I could have gone just for the donuts.  I've never been to an orchard before, but I must admit, it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  The Jonagold apples we brought back are really awesome too.  I also brought back Stayman apples to bake an apple pie.  And once again, I must ponder and wonder over why I have trouble keeping my weight down. . . 

It was really a lovely weekend.  The weather was FABULOUS.  And it was nice enjoying the time with my two favorite boys, Joshua and Jamey.  I just sit and think about my guys sometimes and how lucky I am to have them both in my life.  Life isn't perfect, but I wouldn't trade these two for anybody else.  That's the truth.

I find myself in the recent days getting excited and starting to anticipate what is ahead of us in the not too distant future.  The weather is getting colder.  In fact, tonight I am making Buffalo Chicken Chili for the first time since last winter.  Halloween is just around the corner (Must. Not. Buy. Candy. Too. Early.)  Joshua wants to be Spiderman.  Why you ask?  Because his buddy Wilton gave him a Spiderman pool toy.  Does Joshua know anything else about Spiderman?  No.  But his buddy gave him the toy and so of course that's who he is going to be.  And who am I to question that?

We also have Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward too.  I think the weather starting to change has me looking forward.  But rather than getting wrapped up in looking too much forward, I will instead reminisce for a little while on the weekend and enjoy how good it was.  I hope yours was good too.  :)

PS - I can't help but look forward just a little - I can't wait to write tomorrow's post!  I think you'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something? Cool. But I reserve the right to make fun of you if I want to.